$method = Socket ( <IPAddress>, <PortNumber> , <Data to send>, [TimeOut] )
is one end of an interprocess communication channel. The function facilitates
interprocess communication using a combination of an IP-address and a port-number
that uniquely identifies a service on the internet. A pair of sockets, sender
and receiver, implements a unique network connection in TCP.
<IPAddress> Address of the specified resource in
<PortNumber> Port Number of the specified resource
where the service runs.
<Data to send> Data to be sent.
[TimeOut] Permitted delay in seconds to wait for data to be retrieved.
- Server returns
the service requested by the client.
- Sequence of operations triggered by Socket() are:
- Establishes connection with the specified port of the server.
- If successful, sends the specified data into the server.
- Waits for the response of the server with a timeout check.
- Reads the response, if any, and returns it into the IVR script.